- RN, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles
Dr. Attin has experience in both clinical and experimental research in the field of cardiac electrophysiology. Her dissertation was focused on the role of calcium transients in determining the defibrillationís outcome using optical mapping techniques in rabbit heart. She has received predoctoral and postdoctoral fellowship from National Institute of Nursing Research. Her areas of research interest include the mechanism of cardiac arrhythmias and improving the quality of care for patients who experience cardiac arrest.
- Attin, M., and Davidson, J.E. (2011) Using QRS morphology and QTc interval to prevent complications and cardiac death. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly. 34 (3): 246-253.
- Attin, M., and Clusin, W.T. (2009) Basic concepts of optical mapping techniques in cardiac electrophysiology. Biological Research in Nursing. 11: 187-194.
- Attin, M., Ideker, R.E., and Pogwizd, S.M. (2008) Mechanistic insights into ventricular arrhythmias from mapping studies in humans. Heart Rhythm. 5(6): S53-S58.
- Wu, S., Weiss, J.N., Chou, C.C., Attin, M., Hayashi, H., and Lin, S.F. (2005) Dissociation of membrane potential and intracellular calcium during ventricular fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology. 16(2): 186-192.
- Omichi, C., Lamp, S.T., Lin, S.F., Yang, J., Baher, A., Zhou, S., Attin, M., Lee, M.H., Karagueuzian, H.S., Kogan, B., Qu, Z., Garfinkel, A., Chen, P.S., and Weiss, J.N. (2004) Intracellular Ca dynamics in ventricular fibrillation. American Journal of Physiology. 286(5): H1836-44.
- Attin, M., Cardin, S., See, V., jDoring, L., Dunn, D., Ellstrom, K., Erickson, V., Etchepare, M., Gawlinski, A., Haley, T., Henneman, E., Keckeisen, M., Malmet, M., and Olsen, L. (2002) An educational project to improve knowledge related to pulse oximetry. American Journal of Critical Care. 11(6): 529-534.
- Attin, M. (2001) Electrophysiology Study: A Comprehensive Review. American Journal of Critical Care. 10(4): 260-273.