Effective immediately, TRANSFER STUDENTS will be eligible for Fall 2013 admission consideration only. Transfer students must complete all Nursing prerequisite courses by the end of the Fall 2012 academic semester in order to be eligible for Fall 2013 admission consideration. Prerequisite courses may not be in progress during Spring 2013 (transfer students only).
Admission into the University and the School of Nursing is a two-part process for prospective transfer students and a single-step process for current and continuing SDSU Students.
Applicants not currently enrolled as a continuing SDSU student must complete and submit two separate applications, one to San Diego State University AND one to the School of Nursing. Instructions on applying to both are listed below.
I. Submit Application(s) between October 1st - November 30th, 2012
Prospective Transfer Students:
1. Electronically apply and submit undergraduate application to San Diego State University via www.csumentor.edu, between
October 1 – November 30, 2012.
2. Apply to the SDSU School of Nursing between October 1 – November 30, 2012. The Undergraduate Application for Admission can be downloaded at http://nursing.sdsu.edu/miscfiles/bs-application.pdf.
Current and Continuing SDSU Students:
1. Apply to the School of Nursing between October 1 – November 30, 2012. The Undergraduate Application for Admission can be downloaded at http://nursing.sdsu.edu/miscfiles/bs-application.pdf
Prospective Transfer Students & Continuing SDSU Students:
Submit the School of Nursing Undergraduate Application for Admission to the School of Nursing front office located in Hardy Tower 58, Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays), between the hours of 8am – 4:30pm. If you choose to mail the application to the School of Nursing, we advise you send it via United States Postal Service with a return receipt requested. The School of Nursing's address can be located on the first page of the Undergraduate Application. Due to limited staffing, the School of Nursing cannot field calls on whether your application has arrived.
All application deadlines are firm and final. The School of Nursing WILL NOT grant deadline extensions under any circumstance. If you application is submitted after the deadline, you will not be considered for admission.
II. Assemble and Submit the Nursing Packet by January 31st, 2013
The School of Nursing will no longer be requiring applicants to submit official transcripts with the Nursing Packet.
1. Transfer Students - Please be sure to check your Web Portal account to keep abreast of important dates and deadlines to submit official transcripts and other important documents to the Office of Admissions.
Continuing & Current SDSU Students – Please submit a printout of your Degree Evaluation Report, it can be accessed on your Web Portal account. Fall 2012 grades must be posted on the Degree Evaluation printout.
2. Include a printout of your TEAS Score Report.
3. Include a verification letter for volunteer experience or paid work experience in a healthcare setting. The letter of verification must include the following information:
a. Typed on official agency letterhead
b. Your name and job/volunteer title
c. Duties and responsibilities
d. Contact name and phone number for Volunteer Coordinator or Human Resource representative
III. Submit Final Grades
1. Final Grades for the Fall semester MUST be included on your official transcript that you submit to the Office of Admissions by February 1, 2013 (transfer students only). Current and continuing SDSU students must submit their Degree Evaluation Report to the School of Nursing by January 31, 2013. Fall grades must be posted on the Degree Evaluation Report.
2. Final Prerequisite Grades for the Spring semester MUST be submitted on the Degree Evaluation Report by June 30, 2013 (Continuing and current SDSU students only).
All applicants are required to submit their application during the Fall admission cycle of October 1 – November 30th, 2012. Students who have completed all prerequisite requirements, or will be completing them by the end of Fall 2012, will qualify to compete for Fall 2013 admission. Current/Continuing SDSU students with prerequisite courses in progress during the Spring 2013 semester will be eligible to complete for Spring 2014 admission.
Transfer students are eligible for Fall 2013 admission only.
For questions about applying to the School of Nursing contact:
San Diego State University maintains and promotes a policy of nondiscrimination and nonharassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, and national origin. The California State University is committed to providing equal opportunities to men and women CSU students in all campus programs, including intercollegiate athletics.
last updated: 10/16/2012