PhD, RN, CNM
Phone: (619) 594-2540
Office: Adams Humanities 3170
Download CV (pdf)
- PhD : University of San Diego, 2003
- CNM, NP : University of Utah, 1986
- MS in Maternal Newborn Nursing : University of Arizona, 1987
- BSN : University of Colorado, 1977
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Sigma Theta Tau
- California Nurse-Midwives Association (CNMA). Founding Member.
Area of interest is Women’s Health Nursing especially the concept of “being with woman” during childbirth.Dr. Hunter is particularly interested in research that can improve the experience of pregnancy and childbirth for women and their families and also improved clinical experiences for students.
Lauren P. Hunter, Ph.D.,CNM, WHNP is currently the Nurse-Midwife Advisor and e Professor for the San Diego State University (SDSU) Graduate Nurse-Midwifery/WHNP Education program in the School of Nursing under the College of Health and Human Services. Dr. Hunter is also an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Reproductive Medicine at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). In the recent past, Dr. Hunter has been the Director of a busy collaborative nurse midwifery service with eight outpatient clinics. Dr Hunter has specialized in Maternal Health Nursing with over 30 years of nursing and nurse-midwifery in this field.