A graduate of the Master of Science degree program in the School of Nursing is a professional nurse who:
- Communicatesadvanced professional knowledge through scholarly writing and oral presentations.
- Practices nursing using standards, advanced technology, informatics, and evidence-based guidelines in an advanced professional role.
- Practicescollaboratively with other disciplines to deliver culturally sensitive, cost-effective, safe, evidence-based healthcare.
- Demonstrates roleautonomy and competence in an advanced professional role.
- Demonstrates leadership, collaboration, and consultative skills in an advanced professional role.
- Critically analyzes research for use in professional nursing practice.
- Designs research to investigate patient and healthcare problems.
- Confrontsethical, sociocultural, and economic issues that compromise the delivery of evidence-based healthcare.
- Advances the profession of nursing through advocacy, role modeling and mentorship.