Procedure of Processing Special Clinical Placement Considerations
- Matriculated students who have a documented reason that restricts their ability to participate in a clinical rotation on a specific day of the week must respond to the Special Clinical Placement Consideration Form (below) sent out by the SON Student Services Advisor no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the early registration for the upcoming semester. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in your special consideration not being honored for that upcoming semester.
- The SON Student Services Advisor will meet with the SON Director or Associate Director prior to the beginning of the early registration period each semester to review all of the special clinical placement considerations. They will make their decisions based on the documentation provided by each student that support their reason(s) for their request. The following reasons will take priority:
- Students who have child care/family care obligations.
- Students who have second major or minor course offering conflicts.
- Students who are taking nursing courses out of sequence with Associate Director or SON Student Services Advisor approval.
- Students who are taking a study abroad requirement during the semester.
- Students who have CNSA or student organization leadership commitments.
- Students who are working as a TA for a nursing or prerequisite course.
NOTE: Transportation, employment, and/or externship conflicts are not viewed as legitimate reasons. Failure to provide documentation will result in denial of the special consideration request.
- The SON Student Services Advisor will contact students regarding the status of their special clinical placement consideration prior to early registration.