The American Nurses Association (ANA) published a website of evidence-based strategies for practicing nurses to prevent nurse suicide and promote healthy coping and lifestyle strategies for nurses.
SDSU Student Nurse Association:
- SDSU SNA Instagram page: Stay connected with your fellow students and receive weekly messages to support your emotional wellbeing
Student Nurse Health and Well-being:
- State You Podcast: State YOU
- TED Talk – “How to practice emotional first aid”
- TED Talk: “The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong”
- TED Talk: “The Power of Vulnerability”
- 10 Minute Meditation for Anxiety
- Mental Health America has lots of DIY resources on their website!
- The Listening Post (docx)
- Alltrails.com (also an app) lists hikes across the world with detailed information about length, difficulty, and ratings from others who have hiked the trails.
- Work out from home (list of popular YouTube fitness channels based on type of fitness)
- Meditation Minis by Chel Hamilton
- Unlocking Us by Brene Brown
- Sleep with Me by Dearest Scooter and Night Vale (for those that have trouble falling asleep)
Helping Someone Else:
- Helping a Friend | Student Affairs | SDSU
- Just Checking In: 10 Minutes, 10 Questions
- Brene Brown on Empathy
Substance Use Help:
IF YOU NEED HELP RIGHT AWAY:
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 800-273-TALK.
- Call 911 immediately.
- Contact your health care provider now.
Sometimes sending a text is easier than making a phone call:
Peaceful Hideaways at Clinical:
- Rady Children’s Hospital
- Chapel: 1st floor Rose Pavilion, right of elevators
- Healing Garden: Behind Rose Pavilion. If inside on the first floor, turn left at the elevators, go out the door, turn right and the garden is in front of you.