- Research Interests: Community based participatory research in the rural and primarily Hispanic population in the Imperial Valley; self-care (including adherence and symptom assessment and management), perceived health, health-related quality of life and hospitalization in patients with heart disease and other chronic illnesses.
- Current Projects: Community Engagement in Research in Rural Areas and the Hispanic Population (UCSD CTRI); What is the Relationship Between Self-Reported Health and Biomarkers in a Cohort of Adults at risk for Alzheimer’s Disease? (Wisconsin Registry for Alzheizmer’s Prevention); Perceptions of Nurses and Social Workers Providing End-of-Life Care in a Rural Acute Care Setting on the US-Mexican Border; Development and Feasibility Testing of a Multicomponent Implementation Strategy for Reproductive Health Care in a Rural, Community Oncology Setting (pending, SDSU/UCSD Cancer Center Comprehensive Partnership).
- Research Interests: Patient care quality and safety with a focus on technology and evidence-based practice.
- Current Projects: Implementation of Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) Systems and their Effect on Medication Safety Events and Nursing Practice. Nursing student and faculty knowledge, attitudes, practice and perceived barriers to learning and teaching evidence-based practice.
- Research Interests: Evidence based nurse midwifery care; midwifery presence; sleep in pregnancy; fear of childbirth; phenomenological hermeneutical research.
last updated: 8/18/2017