- Research Interests: Self-care (including adherence and symptoms management), perceived health, and health-related quality of life in patients with heart disease.
- Current Projects: Factors Related to Readmission in Patients with Acute Heart Failure in a Rural Setting; Evaluation of the Effectiveness of the Healthy Heart Tracker on Heart Failure Self-Care; Facilitation and Education to Promote Community Engagement in Research in Rural Areas and the Hispanic Population (UCSD CTRI); Does Multimorbidity Class Predict Cognitive Trajectory in WRAP Participants?; What is the Relationship Between Self-Reported Health and Biomarkers in a Cohort of Adults at risk for Alzheimer’s Disease?; What is the Relationship Between Perceived Health and Multimorbidity Classes in the WRAP Cohort?
- Research Interests: Patient care quality and safety with a focus on technology and evidence-based practice.
- Current Projects: Implementation of Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) Systems and their Effect on Medication Safety Events and Nursing Practice. Nursing student and faculty knowledge, attitudes, practice and perceived barriers to learning and teaching evidence-based practice.
- Research Interests: Evidence based nurse midwifery care; midwifery presence; sleep in pregnancy; fear of childbirth; phenomenological hermeneutical research.
- Research Interests: Nursing work environments (leadership and facility), evidence-based practice in healthcare leadership and facility design
- Current Projects: Understanding collaborative behaviors and the professional practice environment; Understanding Nurse Manager Workplace Stress; Safe Patient Mobilization to Prevent Employee Injury Transition to Practice: A Study of the New Graduate Nurse Experience; The Effect of the Built Environment on Organizational Metrics and Patient, Provider and Physician Experience
last updated: 8/15/2016